Event Terms and Conditions
In the following terms and conditions, “event” refers to the “Bank of China Group Investment Limited Presents: Lok Sin Tong Charity Walk 2023” held from 6th November 2023 to 15th December 2023; “Participants” are those who participated in the event; “ Organizer” is The Lok Sin Tong Benevolent Society, Kowloon.
- Participants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior consent of their parents or guardians to participate. Participants and/or their parents or guardians must agree to abide by and accept all terms and conditions introduced by the organizer at the time of submission of registration.
- The minimum fundraising amount for individual is HK$200, while for family and group are HK$720, and for corporate is HK$880.
- Each participant must ensure that he/she is in good mental and physical health and is suitable to participate in the event.
- The event is voluntary. Participants are willing to bear all risks and responsibilities, and have no right to claim any injuries, accidents, or deaths caused by the event or other reasons from the organizer, including the conference, event planning, and sponsors/supporting organizations or any form of loss claims or accountability.
- The organizer will send you the updated information relating to our services, development and the appeal of donation/volunteer campaigns through various channels such as direct mailing, email, telephone, SMS or WhatsApp, etc. At that time, the organizer will need to use your contact information and donation records stored in the organizer to contact or communicate with you.
- Participants’ personal data and event records including names, photos and other information might be used for event promotion.
- All participants will receive a gift set (including explore handbook, mission card set (7 in total), limited edition vintage phone charm, sponsored gift) and also an “e-certificate”.
- If the event is forced to terminate due to any reason, repeated registration of participants or withdrawal for any reason, all donations will not be refunded.
- If the applicant provides incorrect information or does not follow the correct procedures to register, the organizer reserves the right to refuse to his/her application.
- If the participant fails to comply with the event rules, the organizer reserves the right to cancel the participant’s qualification or terminate the participant to continue participating during the event. The decision of the organizer shall be final and irreversible.
- Participants who donate HK$100 or above (each donation) will receive an official receipt for tax deductible in Hong Kong. The organizer will send an official receipt by post or email within 1-2 months after the event ends.
- After the registration, the organizer will send a confirmation email to all participants and the arrangement of receiving the gift set within 3 working days. Participants who do not collect the gift set according to the arrangement specified will forfeit the item without being compensated.
- The organizer reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. The organizer has the final decision on all matters related to the event. Please pay attention to the latest announcement on the event website.